Breast augmentation, commonly known as a boob job, requires breast implants or transferring fat to increase breast size. Such techniques will create a more rounded breast form or improve asymmetry in the average breast size.
Stages of Breast Augmentation
Your doctor will discuss with you the size and shape of the implant before the operation to obtain a natural result. During the procedure, your surgeon will create a pocket underneath your breast to accommodate the implant. The implant will be placed either below the breast tissue or beneath the pectoral muscle, on top of which the breast sits depending on the breast shape and size. If you choose Breast Augmentation with fat transfer, there is no need for an artificial implant, and the results will appear a few months later. However, natural breast augmentation has limits on the possible size and shape results, that is why it is important to discuss your case and desires with your specialist before your operation.
Are you a Candidate
Yes if you
- are in good general health.
- are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- are at least 21 years old.
- are not satisfied with your breast shape.
- have asymmetrical breasts.
Breast Augmentation Side Effects
Generally, breast surgery is associated with some complications such as:
Scars that usually go away over time.
Loss or changes in the sensation around the nipple or breast area.
possibility of implant position changes.
Before procedure Tips
- Do the necessary lab tests prescribed by your doctor.
- You should stop smoking for at least two weeks before the procedure, as smoking inhibits blood flow to the skin, which in turn might affect the healing.
- You should avoid blood thinner drinks, such as green tea, which might cause severe bleeding during and after the surgery.
- You should stop taking medicines that lead to blood thinning, such as Aspirin and ibuprofen combinations.
- You should avoid stimulants, such as coffee or alcohol, for a week before the transplantation, as stimulants might affect the anesthesia process.
- You are recommended to follow a healthy food system before the operation to avoid any complications during the surgery.
After procedure Tips
- Keep wearing an elastic bandage over treatment areas for 1 to 2 months, which helps you to control swelling and get the best results.
- It is advisable to take rest up to 2 weeks before going back to normal activities.
- Take the medicines, including the painkillers and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, to help you control your pain and prevent infection.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet to maintain the results.
- Avoid itching the treatment areas
- Avoid sports, or strenuous activates for six weeks
- Avoid smoking for five weeks after the operation
- Stay away from hot or Turkish bath
- Keep away from hard exercise or sports for six weeks.
- Avoid bad weather environments or dusty places.